Apples and peanut butter are a pretty magical combination. Do you know what makes them even better, though? Adding chocolate! Do you know what makes that combination even better? Making it high in protein! This high-protein chocolate peanut butter dip turns a basic sliced apple into the ultimate dessert.
I’ve only tried this dip with apples, but I bet it would be good with strawberries or pears, too. It would also be delicious on top of a bowl of oatmeal or mixed in with a chia seed pudding — it’s pretty versatile, to say the least.
In addition to being high in protein, this dip is also low in carbs, easy to make plant-based, and is also just super easy to make in general. All you need is a few basic ingredients.
Let’s get into the recipe!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip: The Ingredients
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used this one)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons protein powder or collagen powder* (I used this one)
- Honey to taste (optional — I don’t add any honey to this because I think it’s sweet enough, especially when it’s paired with fruit; if you prefer a sweeter dip, though, go ahead and add it)
- Sliced apples or any other fruit you like to pair with peanut butter and chocolate
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip: The Instructions
- Mix the cocoa powder and protein powder in a bowl — make sure everything is combined and there aren’t any lumps
- Add the peanut butter and coconut oil — depending on the type of protein powder you use, you might need to add a little more coconut oil to thin out the dip
- Add honey until the dip is as sweet as you like
- Stir everything together until it’s fully combined
- Serve with sliced apples or your other favorite fruits
*If you don’t have any protein powder on hand, you can sub it for coconut flour. This will obviously change the protein content of the recipe, but it’ll still have a similar consistency and will be just as delicious!